How to Choose The Right Pressure Washer
Whether you are purchasing a power washer for industrial purposes or looking for one to perform a better household cleaning, the best power washer for you depends on how you plan to use the device. To help you learn how to choose the right device, here is a detailed guide discussing the different types of power washers and the types of commercial, household and industrial jobs performed by them.
Determine The Place of Use
When choosing a pressure washer, the place of cleaning can be a very influencing factor, whether indoors or outdoors. It helps you make a choice between an electric and a gas pressure washer.
- Indoors : Electric washers are comparatively quiet and light, need less upkeep, and do not produce exhaust emissions. Starting and stopping with a trigger, there size makes them suitable for being stored indoors without the need to winterize. They need to use an electric motor for driving the high-pressure pump, so they are convenient to be used indoors. Such washers are good for light duty indoor jobs that focus on cleaning over stain removal.
- Outdoor: Working outdoors lets you to operate both gas as well as electric pressure washers. Despite of being a bit expensive than electric washer models, gas pressure washers are very convenient for using outside due to their portable nature and high power levels. But in colder regions, you must make sure that they are stored outside as their pumps need winterizing with anti-freeze.
Determine The Water Temperature Requirements
- Hot water: If you need to clean automotive parts, engines, or things with oil or grease, the best option is to opt for a pressure washer that yields hot water. Hot water cuts grime and grease, whereas cold water only pushes it around.
- Cold water: A cold water pressure washer will work just perfectly for blasting away caked-on mud, soil or stripping paint. In fact, nearly 75% of all pressure washers people buy are the cold-water ones. Such washer can be a solution to most cleaning problems when used with a good detergent.
Consider the Required Pressure Levels
The required levels of pressure may vary with the type of application. The water pressure delivered by your pressure washer can range from 1000 PSI to over 4000 PSI.
- Commercial: Most commercial pressure washers are meant for light duty usage as they can exert a pressure level of 2000 PSI at the maximum, thereby being good for basic domestic tasks. Although, the high-end ones with pressure levels ranging from 2000 PSI – 3000 PSI can be suitable for medium duty usage. These pressure washers are good for washing furniture, driveways, sidewalks, garage floor, decks, fencing, floors, stairs, siding, stains, cars and trucks.
- Semi-Pro: These are quite heavy duty washers producing 3000 PSI – 4000 PSI. Suitable for regular use, these feature either a consumer engine and a professional pump, or a consumer pump and professional engine. Apart from household usage, semi-pro washers are also good for cleaning patio, decks, patio furniture as well as wall paint preparation.
- Professional: Professional washers feature a professional pump and engine. Producing over 4000 PSI, they are perfect for heavy duty industrial use. Usually, they are gas variants and have enough raw power to be used as a professional unit daily.
Electric washers are usually commercial or semi-pro models as they cannot deliver enough power required for compressing water over 4000 PSI. On the other hand, gas pressure washers deliver a much higher power output as compared to electric pressure washers.
Estimate the Usage Duration
You can choose a less expensive pressure washer from a DIY store if you are using the device for less than 5 hours per week. But, if you plan to operate it for less than 20 hours per week, there are a number of mid-range models to suit your needs, identified with barebones design and a direct-drive pump. But, a commercial model will be the right choice if you are going to use the pressure washer on a regular basis, exceeding 100 hours a year.
For more information on the different varieties of pressure washers, take a look at Wash Wisely and learn how to choose one for yourself.http://sostenibilidad-es.org/how-to-choose-the-right-pressure-washer/http://sostenibilidad-es.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Pressure-Washer-Guide.jpghttp://sostenibilidad-es.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Pressure-Washer-Guide-150x150.jpgGuides